As you all know Samsung Galaxy A8 is among the new "A" series Android Smartphone from the Koreans. Like an added feather it has already got the latest Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware, but if you missed it then here is the chance to manually update it with the official Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware.
This method is compatible on Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A800S, Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A800I and Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A800F only.
Before proceeding further please make sure that your device is backed up with all the phone data including contacts, image files, video etc.. Also make sure that it is charged at least to 80% of battery power and the Samsung USB drivers for your Galaxy A8 is installed on your PC.
Please note that SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of the below given tutorial, kindly proceed at your own risk.
Steps to manually update Samsung Galaxy A8 with the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 official firmware
1. Before proceeding with the steps please download the necessary files for updating your Galaxy A8 from the below given links. Once done please extract it to your PC desktop for easy access.
2. Now you need to enter your Galaxy A8 into "Download Mode". To enter into "Download Mode" first switch off your phone and press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at the same time. Release the buttons when you get the warning message. Now press Volume Up button to confirm. Now you will see the green Android Bot with "Downloading" message.
Alternately if you want a more detailed tutorial to enter your Galaxy smartphone into "Download Mode" please follow the below given.
3. Now run the "Odin.exe" file as "Administrator" (right click the exe file to do it) and connect your device to the PC using the USB cable. If the connection was successful you will get an "Added" message from the Odin window.
4. Once done click the "PDA/AP" button in the "Odin" and select the "tar.md5" file which you already extracted to your computer desktop.
5. Now click "Start" button in the "Odin" application and wait for the flashing process to get completed.
6. Once the flashing process is completed the Galaxy A8 will restart and the Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware will be installed on it. You can confirm whether the correct firmware was installed or not by going to Settings->About device.
Now enjoy the treat because Marshmallow 6.0.1 comes with improved battery life and notable performance improvement.
Normal Queries For This Tutorial
- How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A800S To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?
- How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A800I To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?
- How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A800F To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?
Most common issue right after the update you may be facing will be the Android Boot Loop, to resolve it please follow the below given tutorial and carefully do the steps,
If you have faced any issues while trying to update your Samsung Galaxy A8 with the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 official firmware, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Manually Update Galaxy A8 To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.