The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is the first phone to come packed with the latest Android Oreo 8.0 firmware along with it’s counterpart Galaxy S9. It comes with a massiv 6.2 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display having Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top, Samsung DeX and a lot more..
By the way lets come to our main agenda behind this tutorial, which is installing Stock ROM on your Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F. But why we need to install back the stock firmware on your phone? All cases are explained below.
This tutorial is for those who are experiencing any kind of the below mentioned issues or for those who simply want to install Android Oreo 8.0
1. Whoever who wants to go back to the Stock Android Oreo 8.0 firmware.
2. Someone who is experiencing some issues after updating/rooting etc.
3. Someone who has some corrupted OS files.
4. For someone who is going through the infamous android bootloop on your Galaxy S9.
Before proceeding any further lets have an idea on;
What is a stock ROM/firmware?
This is strictly for educational purpose only. If somebody is telling you to install the stock ROM while you are facing an issue like the one mentioned above with your phone, you may be confused,
What is a stock ROM?
Stock ROM is simply the firmware which was pre-installed on your Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965F (or any phone) when it comes from the factory.
Now you might be thinking, I am not a technical person, so it will be difficult for me to install the stock ROM on my device, don’t worry it is as simple as picking an apple from an apple tree.
However please note that this method is compatible on Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965F only. So please donot attemp this on any other model.
Note: Also make a complete backup of your device memory including contacts, multimedia file etc if you are able to do so.
Steps to install the stock ROM/firmware on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965F
1. The process starts with downloading of the required files. The required files are of two types and explained below.
- Firmware File (zip archived, to be extracted)
- Odin application (zip archived, to be extracted)
When you click any of the the below links you will be directed to a phone model summary page where you will be able to download the firmware file corresponding to your phone’s country/region.
Download Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965F Stock Firmware Link 1 | Link 2 (find the correct file corresponding to your country region)
2. After the file downloading is finished the next step is to enable the “USB debugging mode” on your Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965F. It can be enabled from the settings menu by going into the “Developer options“. If you need more detailed steps, it’s given in the below tutorial.
3. Hope you have enabled the “USB debugging mode” on your Galaxy S9 Plus. So now you need to switch off your phone and enter it into the “Download mode“. For that when in power down status please press and hold “Power” + “Vol Down” + “Bixby” buttons at the same time to enter into download mode. You may also check the below tutorial for more detailed steps.
4. Now right click on the “Odin.exe” file and select the option “Run as administrator“. Once done please connect your S9 Plus SM-G965F using the USB data cable to your PC. If the connection was successful you will get an “Added” message from the Odin application. If you didn’t get the “Added” message the main reason behind failed connection is due to the wrong USB drivers installed. Try reinstalling the Samsung USB drivers for your phone. The USB drivers can be downloaded from the official Samsung website for free or try searching the Google.
5. Once done please click the “PDA/AP” button in the Odin application and select the “tar.md5″ file which was downloaded earlier. Once done please click the “Start” button to start the flashing process. Now wait for the procedure to get finished and until the phone is rebooted.
Now when the flashing process is finished you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin application that confirms that flashing was a success.
Sometimes bad things can happen, so if you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after this procedure please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don’t worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Oreo 8.0) on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965F?
- How to install Oreo 8.0 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F?
If you have faced any issues while installing the Stock ROM on Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965F, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Stock ROM (Oreo 8.0) On Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F? (All Regions)” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.