Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
One among the latest duo flagships from the Korean giant, the Galaxy S8 Plus is a wonderfully designed phone with tons of amazing specs. But today rather than going to detail it’s features we will be helping you with a difficult situation you may face in the long run.
As you may already know the main issues when time goes on with an Android Smartphone are bootloop and slow performance. So for both the issues the best solution is to install the Stock ROM (firmware) on your Android phone. As the Galaxy S8 Plus came with the Android Nougat 7.0 firmware, it is the stock ROM for this device.
What is a stock ROM/firmware?
This is strictly for educational purpose only. If somebody is telling you to install the stock ROM while you are facing an issue like the one mentioned above with your phone, you may be confused,
What is a stock ROM?
Stock ROM is simply the firmware which was per-installed on your Galaxy S8 Plus when it came from the factory.
Now you might be thinking, I am not a technical person, so it will be difficult for me to install the stock ROM on my device, don’t worry it is as simple as picking an apple from it’s tree.
Please note that this method is compatible on Galaxy S8 Plus variants like Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955FD, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955N, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955U, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955U1 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955W only.
Note: Make a complete backup of your device memory including contacts, multimedia file etc.
Steps to install the stock ROM/firmware on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (All Models)
1. In order to flash your S8 Plus you need to download two files from the below given links. The first one is the firmware for the specific Galaxy S8 Plus model and the second one is the Odin application. Once downloaded please extract all the files including the Odin zip file.
When you click any of the the below links you will be directed to another page where you need to click again on your model number and Odin link. Then you will be redirected to the sammobile download page. There please select the correct file according to the phone’s country and version. Please note that for Galaxy S8 Plus, the stock firmware version is Nougat 7.0.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F Stock Firmware
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955FD Stock Firmware
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955N Stock Firmware
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955U Stock Firmware
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955U1 Stock Firmware
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955W Stock Firmware
- Download Odin v3.12.7
2. Once done with the downloading you need to enable the “USB debugging mode” on your Galaxy S8 Plus. To enable please go to settings menu and gave a check mark for “USB debugging” from the “Developer options“. The detailed steps are given on the below tutorial, don’t worry the marshmallow steps are similar to Nougat.
3. In the next steps you need to switch of the S8 Plus and enter it into “Download mode“. For that when your phone is shutdown press and hold “Power” + “Vol Down” + “Bixby” buttons at the same time to enter into download mode. You may also check the below tutorial for more detailed steps.
4. Now please open the Odin application with administrative privileges and connect your S8 Plus using the USB data cable. If the connection was successful you will get an “Added” message from the Odin. If you didn’t get the “Added” message please reinstall the Samsung USB drivers for your device and try again. The USB drivers can be downloaded from the official Samsung website for free.
5. Once done please click the “PDA/AP” button on the Odin software and select the “tar.md5” file you have downloaded earlier. Now click the “Start” button to start the flashing process. Now wait for the procedure to get finished and until the phone is rebooted.
Once the flashing process is finished you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin application window which means the process was a success.
Sometimes bad things can happen, so if you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after this procedure please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don’t worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F?
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955FD?
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955N?
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955U?
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955U1?
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955W?
If you have faced any issues while installing the Stock ROM on Galaxy S8 Plus, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Stock ROM/Firmware On Galaxy S8 Plus Smartphone? (All Models)” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.