Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
Today I am going to help you to install the Stock ROM (firmware) on your Samsung Galaxy S8. As the Galaxy S8 came with the Android Nougat 7.0 from the factory, it is the stock firmware or stock ROM for this device.
What is a stock ROM/firmware?
When somebody is telling you to install the stock ROM while you are facing an issue with your phone, you may be confused, what is a stock ROM?. Stock ROM is simply the firmware which came from the factory, which means the firmware installed on your S8 when you bought it.
Now you might be thinking, I am not a technical person, so it will be difficult for me to install the stock ROM on my device, don’t worry it is as simple as picking an apple from it’s tree.
Compatible Galaxy S8 variants
Please note that this method is compatible on Samsung Galaxy S8 variants like Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G9500, Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F, Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950FD, Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950N, Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U, Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U1 and Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950W only.
Note: Make a complete backup of your device memory including contacts, multimedia file etc.
Steps to install the stock ROM on Galaxy S8 (All Models)
1. You need to download two files from the below given links. The first one will be the firmware corresponding to your device and the second one is the Odin application which is the last one in the links. Once downloaded please extract all the files including the Odin zip file. When you click the below links you will be directed to another page where you need to click again on your model number and Odin link. Then you will be redirected to the sammobile download page. There please select the correct file according to the phone’s country and version. Please note that for Galaxy S8, the stock firmware version is Nougat 7.0.
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G9500 Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G950F Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G950FD Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G950N Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G950U Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G950U1 Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G950W Stock Firmware
- Download Odin v3.12.7
2. Once the files are downloaded you need to enable the USB debugging mode on your Galaxy S8. To enable please go to settings and gave a check mark for “USB debugging” from the “Developer options“. The complete steps are given on the below tutorial. Don’t worry the marshmallow steps are similar to Nougat also.
3. Now you need to switch of your phone and enter it into “Download mode“. For that when in power down status press and hold “Power”+”Vol Down”+”Bixby” buttons at the same time to enter into download mode. You may also check the below tutorial to enter into download mode.
4. Once done please open the Odin application and connect your S8 using the USB data cable. If the connection was successful you will get an “Added” message from the Odin. If not received then reinstall the Samsung USB drivers for your device and try again.
5. In the next step please click the “PDA/AP” button in the Odin app and selet the “tar.md5” file which you have downloaded earlier. Now click the “Start” button and wait for the procedure to get finished and once done your phone will reboot.
Once the flashing process is finished you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin which means the process was a success.
Sometimes bad things can happen, so if you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after this procedure please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don’t worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries to install Stock ROM/Firmware Galaxy S8
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Galaxy S8 SM-G9500?
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Galaxy S8 SM-G950F / SM-G950FD?
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Galaxy S8 SM-G950N?
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Galaxy S8 SM-G950U & SM-G950U1?
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Nougat 7.0) on Galaxy S8 SM-G950W?
If you have faced any issues while installing the Stock ROM on Galaxy S8, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Stock ROM/Firmware On All Galaxy S8 Smartphones?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.