Hi friends, this tutorial will help you to install official Stock ROM Android 10, Android 11 & Android 12 on your Samsung Galaxy A31.
Ever since the Galaxy A Series has released Samsung has the exclusivity to have a breathing space which was only there between the “S” series and “Note” series for a while, but now they have lot of intermediate series in the Galaxy broad platform which are equally successful as the later. Today we are going to discuss about one of the them, the Samsung Galaxy A31 which comes with a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, 48MP quad camera for ultrawide, wide, macro and depth in photos, 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, 5000 mAh non removable LiPo battery etc.
As you may already know this one comes with the Android 10 firmware on it, and we are going to guide you a tutorial which will help you to not only install Android 10 but Android 11 & Android 12 as well on your Samsung Galaxy A31.
Please note that this tutorial is compatible only on Samsung Galaxy A31 SM-A315N, Galaxy A31 SM-A315G and Galaxy A31 SM-A315F.
If you would like to have more Galaxy A Series tutorials please click the links below;
- All Secret Codes Of Galaxy A10, A20, A30, A40, A50, A60, A70, A80, A10s, A50s, A90, A70s, A20s, A2 Core, A20e, A10e & A30s
- All Secret Codes Of Samsung Galaxy A Quantum (Hidden Menu)
- All Secret Codes Of Samsung Galaxy A41 (Hidden Menu)
- All Secret Codes Of Samsung Galaxy A11 (Hidden Menu)
Now lets proceed with the flashing steps.
However before proceeding please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone storage so that you can recover from a worst case scenario. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable under any circumstance for loss of data or bricking your device. Please proceed at your own risk.
Steps To Install Official Stock ROM On Galaxy A31 Using Odin
1. First you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers. You can do that it from the below link;
2. Now we need to enable the developer options, USB debugging and perform the OEM unlock on your A31.
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone goto Settings>About phone>Software Information, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer“. Now you will see an additional menu entry in the “Settings” menu called “Developer Options” as shown below.
Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (These are from One UI 2.0, if your UI version is something else slight difference maybe there).
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. If you get a popup warning, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
You may also check this video if you have any doubt about the above process.
3. Once done you need to download the firmware files and the Odin app from the below links.
Please download the files corresponds to your device from the below links;
- Download Android Firmware For Galaxy A31 SM-A315N
- Download Android Firmware For Galaxy A31 SM-A315G
- Download Android Firmware For Galaxy A31 SM-A315F
You may need to login/create a free account to download the files from the 3rd party website. Also make sure that your phones bootloader is not locked by any carrier, if so please unlock it first before proceeding with the firmware installation.
Once downloaded please extract it and you will get similar files like given below;
4. Now download the Odin app from the below link or download the latest version of Odin;
When the download has finished please extract the file to your PC desktop and open the “Odin..xxx.exe” file.
5. In the next step you need to enter your Galaxy A31 into the “download mode“.
For that first you need to switch of your Galaxy A31. Now switch it back on and when you see the “Samsung” logo on the screen press and hold “Volume Down + Volume Up” and connect your mobile with your PC using a USB data cable.
Now when you get the above warning message on your phone screen press “Vol Up” button to enter into the “Download Mode“. You may also try this video tutorial if you have any confusion which uses a different method. The demo phone used here is M30s.
6. Now go back to your Odin window which looks like the below screenshot;
In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“. Similarly, add BL file in the BL button.
If you want to factory reset while you install stock firmware select the file which starts with “CSC” file for the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead.
Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are the only ones checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
If you don’t want the previous data on your phone please skip the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“.
7. Once everything is done as said above, click the “Start” button in the Odin app and wait for the flashing process to get completed. Finally when it’s done your Galaxy A31 will reboot and you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin app.
If you got the pass message from Odin then you have successfully installed Android 10, Android 11 or Android 12 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy A31.
However if you got any Odin error while installing the firmware please try the below tutorial to resolve it.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Manually Install Official Stock ROM Android 10 On Galaxy A31 SM-A315N?
- Manually Install Official Stock ROM Android 10 On Galaxy A31 SM-A315G
- How To Manually Install Official Stock ROM Android 10 On Galaxy A31 SM-A315F?
- Install Official Android 10, Android 11 & Android 12 On Galaxy A31
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Android 10, Android 11 or Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy A31, please feel free to contact us, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Official Stock ROM On Samsung Galaxy A31?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.