As you may know the most popular custom ROM Cyanogenmod is now Lineage OS. It is released on January 2017. As of now Lineage OS holds all the features which was there in the original Cyanogenmod custom ROM version.
In this tutorial we are going to guide you through step by step process to install the Lineage OS 14.1 on your Galaxy S7.
Before doing any of the steps below please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone.
Steps to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S7
1. First please install TWRP on your Galaxy S7, download TWRP from here. Find your device from the list and download the correct file.
Please follow below tutorial to install TWRP;
2. Now please download the corresponding Lineage OS 14.1 on your PC desktop from this link and copy it to your Galaxy S7's SDCard.
3. Once done please boot into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding "Volume Up+Home+Power" buttons at the same time. Alternately you can try dedicated tutorials given below to enter into recovery mode.
How To Enter Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge Into Recovery Mode?
4. Once in recovery mode tap on "Wipe"and tap on "Advanced Wipe".
Now select every other partition other than the Internal Storage.
5. Once done go to TWRP recovery mode homepage and tap on "Install" and select the LineageOS zip package which you have already downloaded and copied to your phone's SDCard.
6. Now once the zip file is selected swipe to flash it with the LineageOS on your S7.
Please note the flashing process will take somewhere around 30 min so sit back and relax for a while.
Now when your S7 restarts it will ask for all the preliminary configurations which you normally do when you buy a new Android phone….Now sit back, relax and enjoy the all new LineageOS on your Samsung Galaxy S7.
Normal queries for this tutorial
1. How to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S7?
2. How to install Cyanogenmod 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S7?
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Lineage 14.1 (CyanogenMod) on Galaxy S7, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Install Lineage 14.1 (CyanogenMod) On Samsung Galaxy S7?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.