As you are already aware, CyanogenMod is no more, but don't worry we have got another one from the same team, LineageOS. In this tutorial I will help you in installing the LineageOS 14.1 on your favourite Samsung Galaxy S3.
This method is compatible on all S3 models like Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9100), Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300), Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint), Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile) and Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon).
Before doing any of the steps below please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone.
Steps To Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 (All Models)
1. In order to install the LineageOS 14.1 first you need to install any custom recovery on your Galaxy S3, here we are providing you the link for TWRP.
You can download TWRP from here.
Find your device from the list and download the correct file. Alternately you can try any other custom recovery of your choice, but we recommend TWRP.
Please follow below tutorial to install TWRP;
2. Now please download the appropriate Lineage OS 14.1 on your PC desktop from this link and copy it to your Galaxy S3's SDCard.
3. Once done kindly boot your Galaxy S3 into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding "Volume Up+Home+Power" buttons at the same time.
You can also try the below tutorial to enter into twrp recovery mode.
4. Once in twrp recovery mode tap on "Wipe"and tap on "Advanced Wipe".
Now select every other partition other than the Internal Storage.
5. Once done please go to TWRP recovery mode main menu and tap on "Install" and select the LineageOS zip package which you have already downloaded and copied to your phone's SDCard.
6. Once the zip file is selected swipe to flash the LineageOS on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
The whole process can take some time, so please wait patiently to get your phone rebooted
Once booted up your Galaxy S3 will be installed with the latest custom ROM, LineageOS 14….Enjoy!
Now do some preliminary configurations which you normally do when you buy a new Android phone and you are good to go.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to install LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)?
- How to install LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300)?
- How to install LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint)?
- How to install LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile)?
- How to install LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon)?
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Lineage 14.1 (CyanogenMod) on Galaxy S3, please feel free to will post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Install Lineage 14.1 (CyanogenMod) On Samsung Galaxy S3? (All Models)" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.