The CyanogenMod custom ROM is now dead and the LineageOS has taken it’s place. I am not going any further into that politics, but will surely help you in installing this freshly baked custom ROM on your favourite Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2016 (Wi-Fi), Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 (Wi-Fi), Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (LTE), and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (Wi-Fi).
As of now LineageOS 14.1 holds all the features which was there in it’s predecessor CyanogenMod, but as per the reports we can expect more updates in the upcoming versions.
Before doing any of the steps below please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone.
Steps To Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2016 (Wi-Fi) and Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 (Wi-Fi)
1. To start with, first you need to install TWRP on your Galaxy Tab S2 which can be downloaded from TWRP from here. Find your device from the list and download the correct file.
Please follow below tutorial to install TWRP;
2. Now please download the corresponding Lineage OS 14.1 on your PC desktop from this link and copy it to your Galaxy Tab S2’s SDCard.
3. Before proceeding with the next step make sure that TWRP is installed on your Galaxy Tab S2 and the Lineage OS 14.1 zip file is copied to the phone’s SDCard. Once done please boot into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up+Home+Power” buttons at the same time.
If you have any difficulty in following the above method you can try the dedicated tutorial given below to enter into twrp recovery mode.
4. Once in twrp recovery mode tap on “Wipe“and tap on “Advanced Wipe“.
Now select every other partition other than the Internal Storage.
5. In the next step please go to TWRP recovery mode main menu and tap on “Install” and select the LineageOS zip package which you have already downloaded and copied to your phone’s SDCard.
6. Once the zip file is selected swipe to flash the LineageOS on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. The whole process can take some time, so please wait patiently to get your phone restarted. Once restarted your Galaxy Tab S2 will be installed with the all new sleek LineageOS 14….Enjoy!
Now all you need to do is some preliminary configurations which you normally do when you buy a new Android phone.
Normal queries for this tutorial
1. How to install Lineage OS 14.1 / Cyanogenmod 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2016 (Wi-Fi) and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 (Wi-Fi).?
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Lineage 14.1 (CyanogenMod) on Galaxy Tab S2, please feel free to will post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Lineage 14.1 (CyanogenMod) On Samsung Galaxy Tab S2?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.