This tutorial will help you to install the latest official Android 12 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra & S20 5G.
A preface to S20 series Specifications
As you all know the Samsung Galaxy S20 series comes with features which you can only dream about an Android Smartphone. It is packed with features like an enormous 6.9 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X touchscreen display having Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection on top, the display has 120Hz refresh rate &1400 nits of peak brightness, 512GB storage, 16GB of RAM, UFS 3.0, quad camera system with 108 MP main camera, Exynos 990 (Global), Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 5G (USA) chipset and a lot more.
Now lets move to our main objective which is installing the latest firmware, Android 12 on your S20 series of Smartphones.
Compatible S20 models
The compatible models are Samsung Galaxy S20 SM-G980F, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981B, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981N, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981U, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981U1, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981W, Samsung Galaxy S20+ SM-G985F, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986B, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986N, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986U, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986U1, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986W, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988B, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988N, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988U, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988U1 and Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988W.
Lets proceed with the steps.
However before proceeding please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory so that you can recover from a worst case scenario.
Steps to install Android 12 on Galaxy S20 5G, S20+ & S20 Ultra
1. First you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers. You can do that it from the below link;
2. Now we need to enable the developer options, USB debugging and perform the OEM unlock on your S20.
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone goto Settings>About phone>Software Information, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer.”. Now you will see an additional menu entry in the “Settings” menu called “Developer Options” as shown below.
Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (These are from One UI 2.5, if your UI version is something else slight difference maybe there).
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. If you get a popup warning, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
3. Once done you need to download the firmware files and the Odin app.
Please download the files corresponding to your phone from the below links;
- Download Samsung Galaxy S20 Android 12 Firmware: SM-G980F
- Download Samsung Galaxy S20+ Android 12 Firmware: SM-G986B, SM-G986N, SM-G986U, SM-G986U1, SM-G986W
- Download Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Android 12 Firmware: SM-G988B, SM-G988N, SM-G988U, SM-G988U1, SM-G988W
- Download Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 12 Firmware: SM-G981B, SM-G981N, SM-G981U, SM-G981U1, SM-G981W
You may need to login/create a free account to download the files. Also make sure that your phones bootloader is not locked by any carrier if so, please unlock it first.
Once downloaded please extract it and you will get similar files like given below;
4. Now download the Odin app from the below link;
When the download has finished please extract the file to your PC desktop and open the “Odin..xxx.exe” file.
5. In the next step you need to enter your Galaxy Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra or S20 5G into the “Download mode“.
For that first you need to switch of your Galaxy S20 device. Now switch it back on and when you see the “Samsung” logo on the screen press and hold “Volume Down + Volume Up” and connect your mobile with your PC using a USB data cable.
Now when you get the warning message on your phone screen release all the buttons and press “Vol Up” key to enter into the “Download mode“.
6. Now go back to your Odin window which looks similar to the screenshot below;
In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“. Similarly, add BL file in the BL button.
If you want to factory reset while you download and install stock firmware select “CSC” file after you click the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead.
Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
Ignore the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“.
7. Once everything is done as mentioned above, click the “Start” button in the Odin app and wait for the manually download and installation process to get completed. Finally when the process is finished your Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra or S20 5G will reboot and you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin app with a green background.
That’s all, you have successfully downloaded and installed the Android 12 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra or S20 5G.
Hope this helped!
If you have faced any issues while trying to download and install Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra or S20 5G, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Android 12 On Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra & S20 5G?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.